Meet the Network Team
The Network Administrator’s Role
- Planning & coordinating the installation of in-house and remote network hardware & software across the organization’s network.
- Implement short & long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meet existing & future requirements.
- Managing & ensuring optimal operation of all networking hardware, including routers, switches, firewalls etc
- Managing and ensuring effectiveness of security solutions including firewalls, antivirus solutions and intrusion detection & protection systems;
- Conducting research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Practicing network asset management including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
- Ensuring the network infrastructure and applications supported are available 24/7
- Monitor local & remote sites to ensure applications are available 24/7
- Monitoring of logs and network abnormalities for security threats.
- Configuration/Installation/troubleshooting of network equipment(router, switches, VPN appliances), IP phones & cameras
- Work closely with the other sections to identify, troubleshoot, solve and document network connectivity and performance issues.