Meet the Network Administrators Team
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan & coordinate the installation of in-house and remote network hardware & software across the organization’s network.
- Implement short & long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meet existing & future requirements.
- Manage & ensure optimal operation of all networking hardware, including routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions including firewalls, antivirus solutions and intrusion detection & protection systems.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Practice network asset management including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
- Ensure the network infrastructure and applications supported are available 24/7.
- Monitor local & remote sites to ensure applications are available 24/7.
- Monitor of logs and network abnormalities for security threats.
- Configuration / Installation / troubleshooting of network equipment (router, switches, VPN appliances), IP phones & cameras.
- Work closely with the other sections to identify, troubleshoot, solve and document network connectivity and performance issues.
- Network Migrations.
- Network Infrastructure of the Eleanor Hall Building.
- Replacement of the core switches.
- Cold Disaster Recovery Site for FSC.
- Cold Disaster Recovery Site for Immigration.
- Internet Redundancy and Resilience.
- Upgrade of Firewalls, Switches.
- Implementation of a Disaster Recovery Site.
- Wireless Communication Project.
- Implementation of Customs Disaster Recovery Site.
- Upgrade of Firewalls, Switches and Servers.
- Network Infrastructure of the Charles Barlett Hyde Building.