Who are WE
The Central Information Technology Office (CITO) was established in 2004 from the Belmopan Computer Center which had been re-organized in 1999 under the FMDP Project (1997) to provide Management, Administration and Support for the newly implemented Government of Belize Wide Area Network (GoB WAN) and its Enterprise Applications.
The CITO is dedicated to providing efficient and effective Information Technology and Systems Management, Support and Development services for the Information Systems that are implemented within the context of the GoB-WAN and strives to ensure that the Public Service in Belize is among the world leaders in the effective exploitation of new and emerging Information and Communication Technologies in the delivery of its services.
The CITO comprises a highly skilled ICT technical group which in conjunction with Service Providers of the Enterprise Applications and WAN communications and infrastructure, keep the countrywide information systems operational 24/7-365. The operational structure, organizational structure and the terms of reference for members of the technical group have been developed not only to provide for the current technical needs of the GoB-WAN but to also morph with future service provision requirements of the GoB-WAN as it expands and evolves.
[efb_likebox fanpage_url=”CITO.bz” box_width=”600″ box_height=”100″ locale=”en_US” responsive=”1″ show_faces=”0″ show_stream=”0″ hide_cover=”1″ small_header=”0″ hide_cta=”0″ ]
The main Strategic Objectives of the CITO are to:
- Ensure that the GoB WAN provides the computer tools required for the framework agreed with the stakeholders of the network;
- Ensure that the implemented GoB WAN relational database management systems which support the various implemented applications are administered, maintained and monitored;
- Ensure that all GoB WAN network security, network management, emergency recovery procedures, and user group management issues are implemented, administered, monitored and addressed;
- Evaluate, recommend and advise on the selection and creation of IS/IT/ICT Systems for, and on the behalf of the Ministry of Finance.
- Develop IS/IT/ICT policies, standards, best practices and guidelines for the GoB WAN;
- Provide leadership and guidance to the GoB and the wider public service in the delivery of IS/IT/ICT services;
- Foster strong professional relationships with private sector companies and local educational institutions in furtherance of the development of IS/IT/ICT in Belize.
Vision and Mission
The Central Information Technology Office Vision is:
The Central Information Technology Office will excel in delivering Information and Communication Technology management, support, development and strategy formulation for the Government of Belize Wide Area Network and the Wider Public Service that enables the vigorous pursuit of excellence; and in doing so, be valued by our clients as a source of expert advice and support.
The CITO Mission Statement is:
“The Central Information Technology Office is dedicated to providing efficient and effective Information Technology and Information Systems services for the Government of Belize-Wide Area Network and the wider public service as required by the Government of Belize, through the provision of state-of–the-art Information and Communication Technology (ICT) services, delivered by highly qualified and dedicated ICT professionals in a most cost effective and responsive environment.”